KUMC Reopening Information
Updated April 22nd, 2021
Please help us by following our protocols
During this past year, we have constantly evaluated and adjusted to the changing world around us. The mask mandate in the state of Texas has been lifted as of March 10th, 2021, so we want to share with you how we will respond at KUMC.
If you need help finding a location to get your COVID-19 vaccine, please contact us.
Sunday Mornings at KUMC
In April, we updated our reopening policy to allow for optional mask-wearing during all weekday activities. Because of the continued availability of vaccines, we have made the decision beginning Sunday, May 2nd, face coverings/masks will become optional for Sunday morning worship and all church activities.
– Vine Worship in the Vine Space (G-Building)
– Traditional worship in Sanctuary (live streamed on our website, Facebook and Youtube Channel)
– Sunday School for adults – Please contact Rev. Jeremy Bass to see if a class is meeting in person or on Zoom. A list of classes can be found here.
– Sunday School for children
– Sunday School for students
– Vine Worship in the Vine Space (G-Building) (live streamed on our website, Facebook and Youtube Channel)
– Traditional worship in Sanctuary
– Children’s Church for K-2nd grade
– Refugio worship in Fellowship Hall (live streamed on Facebook)
Weekdays at KUMC
For all weekday activities, wearing a mask/face-covering is optional.
Face coverings/masks will also be optional at funerals and weddings unless the families for which the wedding or funeral are being held desire mask-wearing.
Please note The School for Little Children must follow the guidelines established by Licensing and will communicate any changes directly to our families.
When should I stay home?
We want to assure the safety of each guest and their families. To do so we ask you to stay home if:
You provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19
You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19
You had direct physical contact with the person
You shared eating or drinking utensils
They sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you
Or if you have any (or combination) of the following:
Fever or chills
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Muscle or body aches
New loss of taste or smell
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
If you have to stay home or quarantine, we upload our most recent message here, on our Facebook page, and on Youtube so you do not miss out. Feel free to connect to our Facebook group as well.
Start Small – Stay Safe – Pray Purposefully
This page contains the most up-to-date information regarding the current re-opening status of Kingwood United Methodist Church.